There are many reasons for the unstable voltage of diesel generator sets. I believe that many users will encounter the following situations in the process of using diesel generator sets. The following table:
|Reasons for Voltage Instability of Diesel Generator Sets||Solutions and Countermeasures|
|Part of the wire connection is loose||Check the connection parts of the diesel generator set and repair it.|
|The voltmeter fails and the voltage is unstable||Replace with new voltmeter.|
|Bad generator regulator board or unregulated regulator||Double check that the voltage regulator is not bad or not properly adjusted. Instant replacement or adjustment.|
|Control panel voltage-current selection switch failure||Replace diesel generator switch.|
|It may be that the speed of the engine is unstable and the voltage is unstable.||Adjust or replace diesel fuel system parts to stabilize speed|
|It may be caused by excessive vibration during the operation of the diesel generator set||Instantly check whether the shock pad of the generator set is damaged or the set is unbalanced.|
|Control panel voltage adjustment resistor failed||Replace the voltage regulator resistor.|
Very extreme cases
Voltage instability in one of the three phases of the generator may be caused by
- Generator rotor fault: A rotor fault may cause an unstable voltage in one of the generator phases, such as a shorted rotor winding, damaged rotor core, and other problems.
- Parallel circuit failure: One of the parallel circuits in the generator may have a fault, such as a capacitor failure.
- Line problems: The wires of the line connecting the collector ring to the regulator may be broken, loose or poorly wired.
- Check the rotor: Check if the rotor is damaged and needs to be replaced or repaired.
- Check the capacitor: Check if the capacitor connected in parallel in the generator is damaged and needs to be replaced.
- Check the wiring: Check the wiring connections to eliminate problems such as broken circuits, loose or poor wiring.