Answer: This kind of failure is generally caused by the disconnection of individual silicon diode leads or the poor contact between the brush and the slip ring.
1. Belt slip
2. The regulator voltage is low
3. Diesel generator magnetic field line grounding or partial grounding short circuit of magnetic field coil, etc.
4. De-soldering and disconnection of the silicon diode leads of diesel generators makes the armature coil one-phase or two-phase open circuit
5. The contact between the brush and the slip ring is poor (dirt on the slip ring, too much wear on the carbon brush, insufficient spring pressure, etc.), the contact resistance is large, and the excitation current is reduced.
The following solutions should be taken for this phenomenon:
1. Check the contact between the brush and the slip ring of the diesel generator, and no abnormality is found.
2. Measure the output voltage of the regulator with the DC voltage block of a multimeter, and find that the output voltage is very low
3. Measure the output voltage of the generator with the DC voltage block of the multimeter, and find that the output voltage is 5V (the connection between the regulator and the battery should be disconnected during measurement), which proves that the fault is on the charging generator
4. When measuring the diodes, it was found that 4 diodes were burned out. Replace the diode, assemble the diesel generator, and then start the diesel generator to 1300r/min, the charging ammeter on the instrument panel shows 15A, indicating that the diesel generator is charged normally.
The above are the reasons and countermeasures for the low charging current of the diesel generator set. I hope it can help you. If you have any other technical questions about the diesel generator set, please come to consult.