Many users in the purchase of diesel generator sets, the most concerned should be the price, but most users will think that the same configuration, the price should not vary greatly. In fact, there are many factors that determine the price of diesel generating sets. Below we share the details of diesel generator price components.
- Diesel engine: Diesel engine is the core part of the generator set, which generates power by burning diesel and drives the generator to generate electricity. Diesel engine is usually composed of cylinder, crankshaft, connecting rod, piston, intake tract, exhaust tract, injector and other components. The engine displacement size and power size determines the output power size of the generator set.
- Generator: A generator is a device that converts mechanical energy into electrical energy. It consists of two parts: the rotor and the stator, which produce electrical energy by rotation. The output voltage and current size of the generator determine the output power size of the generator set. The speed and power size of the generator are related to the speed and power size of the diesel engine.
- Fuel system: The fuel system is mainly composed of fuel tank, fuel pump, injector, etc. Its role is to send fuel into the engine for combustion. The working principle of the fuel system is: fuel is sucked in from the fuel tank by the fuel pump, filtered through the screen, and then injected into the engine cylinder for combustion by the injector.
- Cooling system: The cooling system is mainly composed of water pump, radiator, fan, etc. Its role is to cool the engine and prevent the engine from overheating. The working principle of the cooling system is: the water pump will be coolant from the radiator to suck, after the engine cooling, and then be pumped back into the radiator to dissipate heat.
- Exhaust system: The exhaust system is mainly composed of exhaust pipe, muffler, etc. Its function is to discharge the exhaust gas produced by engine combustion. The working principle of the exhaust system is: the exhaust gas is discharged from the engine cylinder, through the exhaust pipe and muffler, and finally discharged into the atmosphere.
- Control system: The control system is mainly composed of controllers, sensors, etc. Its role is to monitor and control the generator set to ensure its normal operation. The control system can monitor the output voltage, current, frequency and other parameters of the generator set, as well as control the engine start, stop, speed control and other operations.
- Battery pack: The battery pack is the backup power source for the generator set, which provides starting power and emergency power. The battery pack usually consists of multiple batteries connected in series, and its voltage size matches the starting voltage size of the generator set.
- Chassis and housing: The chassis and housing are the support and protection structures of the generator set. They provide support and protection, as well as noise reduction and protection from the elements. The chassis and casing are usually made of steel plate and painted with rust-proof paint.