Sudden engine failure in operation refers to the engine work, in the case of not releasing the throttle, non-driver operating factors and rapid flameout, after the flameout can not be restarted phenomenon. The phenomenon is generally due to mechanical failure.
- Injector pump drive teeth broken, transmission gear failure.
- broken injection pump shaft.
- Engine internal moving parts jammed.
- Injection pump lever and connecting pin fall off.
(2) Diagnosis and treatment method
Sudden stalling in operation is the most common in gasoline engines, mainly caused by circuit ignition failure. The diesel engine is mainly caused by the injection pump cut-off fault, followed by the engine internal seizure. When encountering this phenomenon, first check whether the injection pump rotation and oil supply.
- Drive the engine with the starter, if it can rotate normally, observe whether the injection pump camshaft rotates, if the rotation is normal, it means the injection pump is faulty. Check whether the operation mechanism works normally. You can pull the throttle lever to see if the linkage of the manipulator arm and the manipulator shaft is good.
- If the injection pump camshaft does not rotate, the camshaft gear fastening bolt is loose, the camshaft is broken or the gear in the gear room is faulty.
- If the starter can not run the engine, it means that it is an internal engine failure. Such as engine parts – piston and cylinder jammed, crankshaft and bearing seizure, injection pump plunger jammed and mechanical failure of the gas distribution mechanism. Under normal circumstances should first open the valve cover inspection. If the operation from the instrumentation reflects the oil pressure is too low or temperature is too high, it is necessary to directly for the specific situation for maintenance.